Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas 7 SMP Semester 1 & Kunci Jawaban – Bahasa Inggris merupakan bahasa asing utama yang wajib dipelajari oleh para siswa. Pada tingkat sekolah menengah pertama (SMP), berbeda dengan tingkat sekolah dasar yang masih terpusat pada kosakata (vocabulary), para siswa di tingkat ini belajar lebih jauh mengenai grammar dan kalimat yang lebih kompleks. Latihan mengerjakan perlu untuk melatih kemampuan Bahasa Inggris. Berikut soal Bahasa Inggris kelas 7 SMP semester 1.
Choose the right answer by crossing (x) the option a, b, c, or d.
1. Shiva meets Lia, her old friend, on her way walking to her office. Shiva greets her.
Shiva : You are Lia, aren’t you? Hi …
Lia : Hi, Shiva. Oh I am just fine. How about yourself?
Shiva : I am fine, too. I am working for that office now.
Lia : Really? How lucky you are!
a. Where do you live now?
b. How have you been?
c. Do you remember me?
d. Do I look great?
2. Mr. Handoyo is eager to know about Anton’s condition. He is not cheerful as usual.
Mr. Handoyo : Anton, what is the matter with you? You do not look well this
Anton : You are right, Sir. … I think I get cold.
Mr. Handoyo : You’d better take a rest at home, then.
a. I am okay
b. I am just fine
c. I do not feel too well this morning
d. I do not feel bad
3. The following expressions are commonly used to greet someone, except …
a. How’s life?
b. How are you doing?
c. What are you doing?
d. How are things with you?
4. Mrs. Rossy : Good afternoon, students.
Students : Good afternoon, Ma’am.
Mrs. Rossy : Well, I cannot teach you this afternoon. I have a meeting with the
Students : That is alright. We will study by ourselves, Ma’am.
The underlined utterance is an expression of …
5. Ruly : Hello, I am Ruly. … ?
Adi : Hello. My name is Adi. Pleased to meet you.
Ruly : Pleased to meet you too, Adi.
a. What is the matter with you
b. What is your name
c. How are you
d. Are you a new student
6. Ferly : Romy, this is my sister, Vivian.
Romy : … ?
Vivian : How do you do. I have heard so much about you.
a. How do you do
b. How are you
c. How is your life
d. What is up
7. Below are the expressions of introducing ourselves to others, except …
a. Hello, I am Any
b. It is the first time to meet you. I am Shelly
c. Let me introduce myself to you
d. I would like to introduce you to my friend, Franda
8. Excuse me, everybody. I would like to introduce Mr. Hakim to you all. He is a new employee in our office.
The underlined expression is …
b. Introducing someone to others
Number 9 – 15 are based on this list of things.
pillow fridge blanket sink
jug wardrobe ruler dressing table
map knife teacher’s desk microwave
time table kettle frying pan juicer
grater bolster eraser cooker
9. Which of the following things is NOT commonly found in the kitchen?
10. Which of the following things is used of keeping clothes?
d. Dressing table
11. It is a type of container commonly used to hold liquid. It has an opening, often narrow, from which to pour our drink. What is it?
12. Which of these things is not usually found in the bedroom?
a. Dressing table
13. This thing is usually found in the bedroom. It is a long narrow pillow or cushion filled with cutton, down or fibre. It is called …
14. It is a kitchen utensil. It is a type of pot, typically metal, specialized for boiling water, with a lid, spout and handle. What is it?
15. This thing is usually found in the classroom. It is usually brought by travelers. They look at it to find a place and to avoid being lost. What is it?
a. Time table
d. Teacher’s desk
Number 16 – 20 are not related to the text.
16. Faiza is a philatelist. She is very fond of collecting …
17. Mother has put some … into the soup.
18. The hunter shot the tiger with a …
19. My mom bought some oranges, … were very sour.
The appropriate pronoun is …
20. James has a dog. James takes … for a walk everyday.
Demikianlah soal Bahasa Inggris kelas 7 SMP semester 1. Dengan banyak berlatih soal, kemampuan Bahasa Inggris kita akan bertambah. Semoga bermanfaat!