Contoh Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas 11 SMA Semester 2 – Bahasa Inggris merupakan bahasa asing yang dipelajari di setiap jenjang pendidikan, mulai dari TK bahkan sampai perguruan tinggi kita masih belajar bahasa Inggris. Hal ini dikarenakan Bahasa Inggris merupakan bahasa internasional. Menguasai Bahasa Inggris dapat dilakukan dengan berbagai cara, salah satunya dengan belajar mengerjakan soal. Berikut adalah contoh soal Bahasa Inggris kelas 11 SMA semester 2.
I. Change the verbs in brackets into the correct past form.
One Sunday, Putri Sidharta visited her friend, Rita Arvi’s house in Tuntang. Her house is facing a big lake. People call it Rawa Pening Lake. Rita told Putri the story of Rawa Pening Lake.
It (1. happen) ___________ that Ki Ajar (2. have) ___________ a baby son, but amazingly the baby (3. be) ____________ a snake. He (4. name) ____________ his son Baruklinting. He (5. order) _____________ the snake to meditate in Mount Sileker to become a human.
One day, the people of Benerawa (6. go) ____________ hunting. They (7. find) __________ a big snake and cut it into pieces. They (8. not know) ___________ that it (9. be) __________ Baruklinting.
The soul of Baruklinting (10. turn) ___________ into a small boy. He (11. beg) __________ for food in the village of Benerawa. But no one (12. care) __________ of him and some boys even (13. mock) ___________ him. The little boy, then (14. plant) ___________ a stick. When he (15. pull) ___________ the stick out of the ground, water (16. spring) ___________ out of the hole. Gradually it (17. become) ____________ a big flood. All the Benerawa villagers (18. be drown) _____________ . Only an old poor widow (19. be save) ___________ because she (20. help) ____________ the boy by giving him some porridge and drink.
Nowadays, the area is a big lake called Rawa Pening, it is located in Semarang.
II. Read the following fable. Then, answer the questions.
The Lion and The Mouse
Once upon a time, when a lion was asleep, a little mouse began running up and down upon him. The lion was soon awake and placed his huge paw upon the mouse. The lion opened his mouth to swallow the mouse. “Pardon, O king,” cried the little mouse. “Forgive me this time and I shall never forget it. As a return, what I may be able to do you a turn some of these days?”
The lion was laughing so hard at the idea of the mouse being able to help him. Finally, the lion lifted up his paw and let the mouse go.
Somenext days, the lion was caught in a trap and the hunters tied him to a tree while they went in search of a wagon to carry him on.
The little mouse was passing by and saw that the lion was caught into a trap. The mouse went up the tree and soon gnawed away the ropes that bound the lion. “Wasn’t I right?”, said the little mouse to the lion.
Moral: Little friends may prove great friends.
21. What was the lion doing when the mouse ran up and down upon him?
22. What problem did the mouse have?
23. How did he overcome his problem?
24. What happened to the lion some time after?
25. How did he overcome his problem?
26. What is the message of the story?
27. Who was the author of the story?
28. Who are the main participants of the story?
29. What do you call a story that tells about animals which can talk like humans? [sc:ads]
III. Put the verbs into the correct form of PAST PERFECT or SIMPLE PAST.
Was Tom there when you arrive?
No, he had gone (go) home.
30. The house was very quiet when I got home. Everybody ________ (go) to bed.
31. I felt very tired when I got home, so I ________ (go) straight to bed.
32. Sorry, I am late. The car ________ (break) down on my way here.
33. There was a car by the side of the road. It _________ (break) down and the driver was trying to repair it. So we ________ (stop) to see if we could help.
34. The king was very pleased to see the princess again. They _________ (not meet) for a long time.
35. The fox invited the stork for a dinner but the stork couldn’t come as she _________ (plan) to do something else.
8. Did not know
18. Were were drown
19. Was safe
21. The lion was asleep.
22. The lion placed his huge paw upon the mouse.
23. The mouse told the lion that if he forgave him the mouse could help him one day.
24. The lion was caught in a trap and the hunters tied him to a tree.
25. The little mouse gnawed away the ropes that bound the lion.
26. The message of the story is “little friends may prove great friends”.
27. The author of the story was AESOP.
28. The main participants of the story are lion and little mouse.
29. The story is called “fable”.
30. Had gone
33. Broke, stopped
34. Had not met
35. Had planned
Demikianlah contoh soal Bahasa Inggris kelas 11 SMA semester 2. Semoga contoh soal tersebut dapat menambah pengetahuan Bahasa Inggris teman – teman semua. Semoga bermanfaat!