Contoh Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas 12 SMA Semester 2 – Bahasa Inggris merupakan salah satu mata pelajaran di Ujian Nasional. Pada tingkat SMA khususnya kelas 12, para siswa akan belajar mengenai semua materi yang telah mereka pelajari selama SMA di kelas 10 dan 11. Bahasa Inggris mudah untuk dipelajari dengan berbagai cara, salah satunya dengan banyak berlatih soal. Berikut adalah contoh soal Bahasa Inggris kelas 12 SMA semester 2.
I. Use MUST, HAVE TO, HAVE GOT TO, MUST NOT, OR DOES/ DO NOT HAVE TO in the following sentences.
1. We don’t have much time. We ___________ hurry.
2. We have plenty of time. We ____________ hurry.
3. A person ___________ become rich and famous in order to live a successful life.
4. You ____________ answer all the questions on the sheet. Don’t leave any.
5. She ____________ leave early because she did not feel well.
6. Angga, in this game you _____________ pick up three more cards.
7. I can carry it alone. He _____________ help me.
8. This is an opportunity that comes once in a lifetime. We ___________ let it pass. We ____________ act.
9. This is valuable book. You ____________ look after it carefully and you _____________ lose it.
10. “_____________ I _____________ wash this sweater by hand?” “Yes, you do. The temperature has to be 30o C.”
II. Complete each sentence with one of these verbs and change it into GERUND.
11. Have you finished __________ the latest Harry Potter?
12. Mother has mentioned __________ to the movie. We’ll see Star Wars!
13. I do not understand his __________ troubles before the hideous prince.
14. He considered ___________ the monster’s guard but in the end he decided against it.
15. If you speak too loud, you risk __________ your neck as the beast might hear you.
16. The spectators did not want to miss ___________ Jedi’s death.
17. Princess Leia avoided ___________ Jabba’s wicked eyes.
18. Jedi was very tired but wanted to carry on __________ the beast.
19. Count Dracula made no motion of ___________ to meet me, but stood like a statue.
20. Dorothy thought, “What could the little woman possibly mean by __________ her a sorceress, and ___________ she had killed the wicked Witch of the East?”
III. Supply an appropriate form. Use GERUND or INFINITIVE.
21. He could remember (drive) ___________ along the road just before the accident, but he could not remember the accident itself.
22. I always remember (brush) ____________ my teeth before I go to bed.
23. We will never forget (visit) ____________ the museum for the very first time where Monalisa is displayed.
24. Do not forget (lock) ____________ the door before you leave.
25. I believe that what I said was fair. I do not regret (say) __________ it.
26. We regret (inform) ____________ you that we are unable to offer you the job.
27. Plese stop (smoke) ____________ . Aren’t you afraid of lung cancer?
28. The car started to make a strange noise, so I stopped (inspect) ___________ what the problem was.
29. When a stranger asks a direction, a policeman always tries (show) ____________ it as clearly as possible.
30. I tried everything but the baby would not stop crying. I tried (hold) ___________ him. I tried (feed) ___________ him. I tried (change) ____________ his diapers. Nothing worked.
IV. Combine the sentences using SO THAT or IN ORDER TO.
31. I asked my roommate to be quiet. I want to listen to the newly-released music.
32. I am going to leave the music festival early. I want to be able to get a good night’s sleep tonight.
33. A lot of people were standing in front of me. I stood on my titoes. I wanted to see the drum-band better.
34. Rita took some money from her handbag during the concert. She wanted to donate it for AIDS sufferers.
35. I turned off my cell phone. I did not want to disturb others during the classical music concert.
(Source: English Zone for Senior High School StudentsYear XII)
2. Do not have to
3. Does not have to
4. Have to
6. Have got to / have to
7. Does not have to
8. Must not, must
9. Have got to, must not
10. Do, have to
17. Looking at
20. Calling, saying
22. To brush
23. To visit
24. To lock
28. To inspect
29. To show
30. To hold, to feed, to change
31. I asked my roommate to be quiet so that I could listen to the newly-released music.
32. I am going to leave the music festival early so that I am able to get a good night’s sleep tonight.
33. A lot of people were standing in front of me. I stood on my tiptoes in order to see the drum-band better.
34. Rita took some money from her handbag during the concert in order to donate it for AIDS sufferers.
35. I turned off my cell phone so that I do not disturb others during the classical music concert.
Demikianlah contoh soal Bahasa Inggris kelas 12 SMA semester 2. Semoga contoh soal tersebut dapat membantu teman – teman meningkatkan kemampuan Bahasa Inggris kalian. Terima kasih.