Soal Latihan Bahasa Inggris tentang Adjectives dan Adverbs serta Kunci Jawaban – Adjectives dan adverbs sering ditemukan berdampongan dalam penulisan sebuah kalimat bahasa Inggris. Adjectives merupakan kata sifat yang digunakan untuk menggambarkan kata benda (noun), sedangkan adverbs adalah kata keterangan yang memberi informasi lebih tentang dimana, bagaimana, dan/ kapan sesuatu dilakukan / terjadi. Agar lebih jelas tentang penggunaannya, berikut adalah soal latihan bahasa Inggris tentang adjectives dan adverbs beserta kunci jawabannya.
I. In each sentence (number 1 – 10), fill in one gap with a word or phrase from the box, and put a cross (x) in the gap you don’t need. Underline adjective or adverb to show which type o word you have used.
absolutely angrily fast happy interested
late next week really red very
There were hundreds of red flowers x in the field. adjective / adverb
- Jack ___________ shouted __________ at the other driver for being so stupid. adjective / adverb
- He was ___________ very __________ pleasant despite what people say. adjective / adverb
- When we went to Spain, the weather was beautiful although it was ___________ hot ___________ at times. adjective / adverb
- I was terrified on the way here because my taxi driver ___________ drove so __________ . adjective / adverb
- Many people seem to __________ be ___________ in doing this course. adjective / adverb
- He didn’t look ___________ very ___________ when I saw him. adjective / adverb
- I got to work __________ on Thursday __________ and my boss was angry. adjective / adverb
- My new course __________ is ____________ , but I am really enjoying it. adjective / adverb
- My father is ___________ coming to stay ___________ . adjective / adverb
- Did you try the chicken? It ___________ was ___________ wonderful. adjective / adverb
II. Match the sentence beginnings (number 1 – 10), to the endings (point a – k), and add a suitable adjective or adverb in the gaps.
I am going to take some aspirin because I have got a terrible d)
|1. See Samantha over there. She looks ______________ ____|
2. I want to run the marathon, but I will have to train ______________ ____
3. I am proud of Maud. She has done really ______________ ____
4. I am worried about the weather for our holiday. They say it’s going to be ______________ ____
5. He is so lazy. He’s _____________ ____
6. It is a bad phone line. It’s ______________ ____
7. Never buy something unless you ______________ ____
8. The camera instructions were ______________ ____
9. My dog appeared _______________ ____
10. Despite my lack of confidence about the answer, my teacher appeared ______________ ____
|a) wet and cold.|
b) wonderful in that dress.
c) like it.
f) to understand, but it still didn’t work.
g) from under a bush with a bone.
h) done anything this morning.
i) to hear what you’re saying with what i said.
j) in her exams.
III. Look at the extracts from a learner’s writing. There are three mistakes with adjectives and adverbs. Find and underline them and write the correction.
The kidnappers had taken her daughter. Mr Tasher didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t a rich man. They must have made a badly mistake and kidnapped the wrong person. When he received the ransom demand, he near died of shock. But that afternoon, imagine his surprise when he heard a car drive quick up to his house and saw his daughter get out. He was very delighted to see she was OK, and he hadn’t paid any money.
- Jack __x___ shouted angrily at the other driver for being so stupid. adjective / adverb
- He was really very __x__ pleasant despite what people say. adjective / adverb
- When we went to Spain, the weather was beautiful although it was very hot __x__ at times. adjective / adverb
- I was terrified on the way here because my taxi driver _x_ drove so fast . adjective / adverb
- Many people seem to __x__ be interested in doing this course. adjective / adverb
- He didn’t look __x__ very happy when I saw him. adjective / adverb
- I got to work late on Thursday __x__ and my boss was angry. adjective / adverb
- My new course __x__ is hard , but I am really enjoying it. adjective / adverb
- My father is __x__ coming to stay next week . adjective / adverb
- Did you try the chicken? It __x__ was absolutely adjective / adverb
- Absolutely / very > b)
- Really / very > e)
- Good > k)
- Very > a)
- Never > h)
- Bad > i)
- Really / very > c)
- Easy > f)
- Suddenly > g)
- Happy / satisfied > j)
- Near > nearly
- Imagine his surprise > he was surprised
- Quick > quickly
Demikianlah soal latihan bahasa Inggris tentang adjectives dan adverbs beserta kunci jawabannya. Memperbanyak latihan soal dapat meningkatkan pemahaman teman – teman tentang materi bahasa Inggris. semoga bermanfaat!