Contoh Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP Terbaru – Bahasa Inggris merupakan satu dari empat mata pelajaran yang ada di Ujian Nasional pada tingkat SMP. Menghadapi Ujian Nasional sebenarnya diperlukan kepercayaan diri an juga latihan soal sehingga ketika kita sudah sering mengerjakan soal yang sejenis dengan soal UN, kita sudah siap menghadapinya. Berikut adalah contoh soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP.
Choose the right answer!
1. Zay : Hey, what are you doing?
Adi : I’m … for my cat.
2. Sunny : What will you do after graduate, Fahri?
Fahri : I … continue my study to a vocational school of engineering.
a. Am going to
The dialogue below is for the questions number 3 – 5.
Aldi : Hello, can I talk to Mr. White, please?
Secretary : Wait a minute please, I will connect you to him.
Aldi : Ok, just tell him that his nephew from New York is on the line.
3. Where does the dialogue take place?
a. On the phone
b. In a speech
c. In a meeting
d. On the street
4. Who do you think Mr. White is?
a. Aldi’s boss
b. Aldi’s uncle
c. Aldi’s brother
d. Aldi’s landlord
5. “… from New York is on the line.”
What is “on the line” means …
a. On a street
b. On the queue
c. On the phone
d. On the row
The following text is for the questions number 6 – 9.
Edward Grimsley, the famous detectuve, was sitting in the luxurious bar car of the North American Express. He was enjoying a glass of champagne and exchanging stories with other passangers about their favorite journeys. Grimsley always had a good time when he traveled by train. It gave him the opportunityto take it easy for a new days and not think about his work as a private eye.
6. What is the main idea of the text?
a. Edward Grimsley was exchanging stories with other passangers.
b. Edward Grimsley was enjoying a glass of champagne.
c. Edward Grimsley was sitting in the luxurious bar car.
d. Edward Grimsley is having a good time in the train.
7. What is North American Express?
a. A restaurant
b. A train
c. A ship
d. A night club
8. “ … not think about his work as a private eye.”
What are the underlined words mean?
d. Police officer
9. “… it gave him the opportunity to take it easy …”
The word “it” refers to …
a. A glass of champagne
b. Travelling by train
c. Exchanging stories with other passanger
d. Their favorite journey
10. Arrange these sentences to make a good paragraph!
1) The most common reason is that they want to avoid the crowd.
2) The last one is because they like the fresh air provided in the country.
3) Then, they cannot stand with the noise pollution.
4) There are some reasons why people like to live in a country.
11. Jim : Excuse me, can you tell me … is the nearest post office?
Ana : Yes, you go straight for about 200 m and you will find it.
Jim : Thank you
12. Arrange these words to make a good sentence.
Actor (1) – to act (2) – knows (3) – good (4) – how (5) – well (6) – a (7)
a. 7 – 4 – 1 – 3 – 5 – 2 – 6
b. 5 – 2 – 6 – 3 – 7 – 4 – 1
c. 7 – 4 – 1 – 5 – 3 – 2 – 6
d. 5 – 6 – 2 – 3 – 7 – 4 – 1
The advertisement below is for the questions number 13 – 15.
The outrageous patented formula is enriched with
pro-vitamin B5, silk protein and moisture-binding silicone.
Gives you outrageous body!
For outrageous beautiful hair.
13. What is the advertisement about?
a. Body lotion advertisement
b. Shampoo advertisement
c. Provitamin advertisement
d. Body treatment advertisement
14. Which statement is NOT TRUE according to the advertisement?
a. It is patented formula
b. It is enriched with moisture-binding silicone
c. It is enriched with provitamin
d. It can make your body perfect
15. The word “enriched” has the closest meaning with …
16. Jane : … I forget to bring my homework!
Amy : It’s ok. You still have 10 minutes to take it.
Oh my God!
I hate you!
The text below is for the questions number 17 – 18.
Two weeks … (17), my best friend, Kayla, suddenly announced to everyone that she hates me. She won’t speak to me to tell me why. She has never … (18) like this. She never be used to get mad at people, no matter what. I don’t know what’s wrong with her.
The text below is for the questions number 19 – 20.
Your family choice cinema
Saturday (March 22, 2008)
09.00 – 11.30 a.m: Garfield 3
11.30 – 02.30 p.m: The Cursed Stone
02.30 – 05.00 p.m: Fairytale
19. What is Twenty-two?
20. What is “The Cursed Stone”?
c. TV Program
d. Group Band
Demikianlah contoh soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP. Semoga contohj soal tersebut dapat bermanfaat bagi teman – teman. Terima kasih.